Thursday 8 December 2011

Have yourself a Merry Tesco Christmas

Firstly, re my last message, you must try and see Never mind the Buzzcocks. I think I laughed non-stop for about 2 hours. I love Noel Fielding even more and I want to give Phil Jupitus a hug. Our host was Jack Barrowman and he just made loads of lewd innuendos the whole time. Amazing.

I now have tickets for the Top of the Pops Christmas Special. I think I may have a little breakdown I'm so excited.

Anyway, I realised that most of the deals I have suggested involve Christmas, but tis the season and all that crap so why not eh? This week's post is no exception.

The following deal comes to you courtesy of Tesco. Yes, has the supermarket giant has the audacity to try and spread a little Christmas cheer. *Mid blog fact: I just did a Google search and to my amusement and horror there are 8 Tescos within a two mile radius of my house. Ridiculous* In London this weekend the evil bastards are offering free mulled wine and mince pies. I will eat their pies and drink their wine but I will not be sucked in, but there is a free ice rink…

The ice rink is situated at The Scoop near London Bridge as part of the More complex's Christmas market.

All summer I had the good intention of going to The Scoop, which is a small amphitheatre that during the summer screened films outside for free. There were a few classics like Dirty Dancing as well as newer films like The King's Speech. It sounded lovely but of course I didn't get round to it.

The More London Complex houses offices and workspaces for creative types on the South Bank. It's here that the market is being held with all the usual gifty things but also, interestingly, has encouraged young entrepreneurs to go and sell their wares. The ice rink is just next to all of this complete with a brass quartet adding to the cheer.

In a rather crude (yet undeniably brilliant) bit of marketing- to get your free refreshments from Tesco you have to pick up a branded cup at the ice rink then take it into the store, which is located next to The Scoop. You can always spit on the floor on the way in if it makes you feel better. I am a sucker for consumerism so will probably come out with my weekly shop.

I am going to attempt to skate although I haven't set foot on the ice for about six years at least. Or maybe I'll just drink the free wine and join in with the band.

The More market is taking place from today until Sunday from 10-6 each day.

For more info visit More London's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment