Thursday 15 December 2011

A girl with Dragon (Tattoo) and one with a Polar Bear



I have two delightful offerings for you today.

The first I think sounds so good I think there must be a catch but I can't find it.

Tonight, there is a free club night called Mouth Taped Shut at the Coronet club near Elephant and Castle (well maybe that's the catch). The line up is pretty good Groove Armada, Labrinth (live), Zane Lowe, Beardyman, Madeon and Pete Jordon. And oh yeah it's free. Nope I don't get it either. Weirdly, if you type in Mouth taped Shut into Google you get taken to the event's website with loads of pictures from the new Girl with a Dragon Tattoo film. Not really explained why but the poster looks pretty cool with a profile of Lisbeth Salander on it (for those who haven't read seen it-SPOILER ALERT- she is the girl with the Dragon Tattoo).

Although it's free obviously spaces are limited so you have to RSVP by emailing here. You then receive a confirmation email, which you have to print out and take with you.

I'm not really sure if TGWDT is sponsoring it or if Daniel Craig will be there but even if he's not I think it will be pretty bloody good.

Ok so back to Christmas.


This weekend there is a Festival of Fairytales for Grown-Ups being performed at the Bargehouse (a big warehouse behind the OXO tower). The stories are being performed by the Crick Crack club who have been in the warehouse since Wednesday but this weekend, during the day, the shows are free.

I thought there were shows all week and actually went along on Wednesday after work. Got a bit lost around the OXO tower and then found the warehouse. It is directly behind the OXO tower. So I go in and see two old cockneys on this slight balcony leaning over the rail. They're talking to this other man in overalls who is sweeping around a statue type thing of a huge polar bear with a girl riding on the back draped in red material. Hmmm.

They all look at me cheerfully enough but we are all equally confused. It soon transpires that the afternoon performances are only to take place at the weekend. Between 12 and 4pm tomorrow and Sunday visitors are going to be able to wander around the building and happen upon actors telling stories. It does encourage children but from the look of the website it might conjure up nightmares as well as their dreams. Also just noticed on website that it warns there might be nudity. This may be a reason to go/not to go depending on your tastes.

So that's me for Christmas now. Next week I am back in the shire so if I hear of anything going on in London i shall let you know, or not because I will be too jealous.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment